Tabs at Top of Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Compass TH Card

Created this Compass card using all Tim Holtz items except for the jute string. Used the example on package for inspiration. Stamped the Compass multiple times and cut the pieces using the dies in the Compass Blueprint set that I was happy to find at Hobby Lobby.

Base is TH Shattered Core cardstock which I used TH sander on.

Compass 6 layers:
1. off-white Shattered Core 3" x 3" with word Compass on it
2. off-white Shattered Core Compass cut out with the directions N, E, S & W showing
3. blue Shattered Core outer circle
4. blue Shattered Core inner circle
5. orange bottom star layer
6. green top star layer

Sentiment tag is same TH Shattered Core cardstock as used on the Compass.

Used TH Distress Ink walnut stain on most of this. 

I like the masculine look of this. Have to tell you a funny thing that happened as I was making this. I had the card assembled and noticed I had the compass upside down. Luckily it was the bottom layer and it lifted up without tearing anything and I was able to get it right side up. I use to be bad at giving driving directions. Once when my hubby & I were going to PA to visit an Aunt of mine I told him  that the Howard Johnson & place she lived was in one direction and it was in the opposite direction pretty far from where we were. My hubby has also been known to get lost a time or two before using a GPS device and most of you know that men will not stop to ask for directions. 


























Supplies List 


ink: Memento LadyBug, VersaFine Onyx Black
machine: Sizzix
string: brown jute
Tim Holtz: cardstock -  core'dinations - Shattered Core & other,
   Distress Ink - walnut stain, sander,
  stamp/die - Compass Blueprint

Entering this into the following challenges:


6/21 Glitter N Sparkle Ch89 Fathers Day/Mens Cards 3E(#3) 6/15 
6/21 Pile It On Ch24 Wrong but Right UE 6/15 wrong but right - jute string
6/21 Simon Says Stamp Mon Anything Goes 5E(#5) 6/16 

6/22 Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up & Link It Up Linky Party #33 Your Fav Color UE 6/9
   fav color - blue  

6/24 DL.ART Thankful Thurs Ch#132 Masculine 10E(#8) 6/12
6/24 Simon Says Stamp Wed You Gotta Have Friends 5E(#3) 6/18 

6/30 DL.ART Jun Linky Ch UE 1perday 6/1 

7/14 Scrapbooker PHD Ch12 Add Texture 3E(#2) comb10totch 6/19
   texture - layers & jute 

15 comments:

  1. This is pretty! It's a perfect masculine card. Wonderful design and colors. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine card!!
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party and the #134 masculine challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the compass. Especially the coloring on the compass, but also the crackling effect. The twine is a perfect extra here. Thanks for joining ScrapbookerPhD's texture challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice. great for any masculine occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Craftin' Desert Divas.

    Hugs, Melissa - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way this looks using the shattered core card. Such a great design too. My OH always tells me he's not lost, he's just 'geographically misplaced' and won't ask for directions either! Men eh? Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card - aren't tim holtz stamps fab for mens cards? I don't have any f them (yet!!) :) Thanks for sharing with us over at Glitter n Sparkle! Vic, DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic male card.

    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the vintage feel you have given to it.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. Let me know if you want your card in the Monday post and I'll send you a link to it after it goes live. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
    Thanks
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is fabulous. Love the beautiful color scheme and the great stamped image. Thank you you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and "Tim-like!" Great job! Thanks for joining us on Scrapbooker PhD this week! :-D Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the story about the upside-down compass. Back in 1998 when I traveled to the town where I live for the first time, I somehow got north and south mixed up in my head.... and I STILL get mixed up because of that!! All my other directions and sense of direction is great... just that I get mixed up here. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great masculine card Melissa-I saw it over on the Manly Monday blog post

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love the texture. Thank you for joining us at ScrapbookerPhD -Randi

    ReplyDelete